Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Warm and Toasty Day

Not only is the sun beaming through my office window, but I have some cozy new knitted items to keep me especially warm today. We skipped our dance class last night so Karlo could clear the snow and I made good use of the extra time at home. I finally finished the scarf that I started months ago. Well, I almost finished it. I still don’t know how to end a knitting project, but luckily I have friends at work that do. I brought my project in so my friend Robin can help me out and, to my surprise, she had a little present for me. What do you know? More knitted treasures for me! Knowing that I wanted to make myself some wrist warmers, and also knowing my patience level with knitting needles (aka ‘sticks’) in my hands, Robin quickly calculated the chances of me making my own wrist warmers at zilch. So she went to town knitting for hours on end to make me a pair. How incredible thoughtful. THANK YOU Robin!

I spent the first hour wearing both my scarf and my new wrist warmers, but once the sun came up full strength I was actually too hot to sport my new goodies. Now I’m in no rush for Spring to come. Bring on more cold. I need to get at least a few uses out of my new accessories this season.

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

Beautiful and beautiful! What a nice friend Robin is. Will she be my friend, too? You scarf is lovely, very nice job with the sticks.