Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Epic Ride of a Lifetime

I am so proud of myself at this very moment. I survived the most challenging ride of my life. It looked something like this.

And the worst part is that the ride was out and back so those spikes in the sky had to be climbed up and over TWICE. It was a total of 5 hours of pedaling, at least 4 of those were climbing major hills. I still can't believe I did it! What a rush. I still have Tony Horton's voice in my head. I can hear him saying, "Take in the fact that you just did that." And I am taking it in . . . .

The ride was simply incredible. There are no words, pictures or even video that would do it justice. Of all the amazing rides we have done in our biking careers this one was the highlight. It was worth every grueling climbing mile. There is officially no place in CT that could ever scare me as far as hill climbing goes. I deserve some sort of girl scout badge for this one.

And the saddest story ever . . . Karlo worked really hard at figuring out how to secure our helmet cam to the front of his bike. Then he proceeded to work really hard all day at capturing some of the most amazing footage ever. And then we proceeded to accidentally delete every video he took. Yeah, believe me . . . there are NO WORDS to express that major disappointment. I can't even think about it right now.

The rest our day was filled with lounging in the hot tub, laying by the pool, shopping, pigging out at dinner and then taking a scenic drive. See, we do sometimes do normal vacation things too. This day feels so long that the ride seems like yesterday. I think it's time to finally crash out and relax.

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

Yay!!! You guys are superhuman.

I'm sorry but you can't consider any of your vacations "normal" when you're expending more calories than you're taking in. Flip it around the other way and I might let it slide.

I'm so glad you're having a great time! It looks like the weather is amazing. I can't wait to see the pictures. Ride safe!