Saturday, March 5, 2011

Vacation Shopping Phase 2

I probably didn't need more hi-tech fleece for this next trip, but I do think I could justify these two new pair of sandals. When I saw these sparkly gold ones they just screamed "Miami" to me. Now I don't own many articles of clothes that scream "Miami" that is for sure. And since that is where we are headed to start the cruise I just figured they were fitting. Yes, my feet will probably bleed, but I will be cute for the 2 hours that I will likely wear them and so it will be worth it.

And because I know those "Miami" sandals will hurt, I bought the black pair as a back up. I know for a fact that those will be comfy. A friend was wearing the exact same pair at our trade show in Chicago this past Fall. Not only did this woman stand around in them for 9 hours at the show, but then we walked a couple miles to and from dinner every night. She just raved about how comfortable they were and insisted that I get a pair. I wrote the name down (Athena Alexander, in case you're curious) and always intended to buy them . . . one day. Well, that day is now. Why not own something fashionably cute AND comfy? Gee, what a concept. This pair is so pretty that I can wear them to dinner, and hopefully even to the dance floor (a girl can dream).

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

Oh my, I LOVE your Miami sandals and will happily take them off your hands (feet?) if they're too painful to wear. :)