Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I Blame it on HGTV


I'm exhausted today and it's all because of House Hunters International. Damn that show. Why is it so incredibly addicting? I just love it. First, I love, love, love to see the insides of unique homes that I would otherwise never get a chance to see. I've always been fascinated with foreign cultures and the variations in home design and decor in the various countries. It positively pained me when I traveled to many different countries and never saw how the locals live. For instance in Japan, I stayed in modern hotels and I craved just going to a colleague's home to check it out for the true taste of the foreign land.

I was lucky in Northern Italy where Karlo and I were fortunate enough to stay in a private villa. That was probably one of my favorite parts about the trip - the fact that we stayed in a truly authentic Italian home. So watching House Hunters International gives me this glimpse at the various cultures and I'm becoming addicted to it. I recently saw homes in Israel, Budapest, Tuscany, Northern France, and even Mumbai India. Now that last one was interesting. And the reason I'm so stinkin' tired today.

Last night it all started with the French farmhouse in Brittany. Boy did I love that episode and I'm pretty sure I would move there in a heartbeat. Next, it was the old Victorian "painted ladies" in San Fransisco. How ofter do you get to peek inside one of them? I had to stay up for that. And then there was another show immediately following. This time India and I just HAD to see that one too. I'm sorry I did, actually. I got so worked up and upset that I couldn't sleep most of the night. The story was about this young couple - a beautiful Australian girl that visited India and met a guy, fell in love, got married . . . you know how it goes. Now she's going to leave her gorgeous and modern accommodations in beautiful Australia to move to Mumbai. What the HELL was this girl thinking?

I felt the need to take another shower by the time this show was over. That place was so incredibly dirty and over crowded and just so . . . ick. All I can say is ick. The living conditions were deplorable and I kept saying, "I am not capable of loving ANYONE or ANYTHING that much." Nothing in the world would get me to live in a place like that. Did I mention this girl was beautiful and her new hubby was a FOOT shorter than her? I just can't imagine that sort of love, I'm tellin' ya. I was up all night still thinking about it.


Luckily I have since realized that you can log onto HGTV and watch most of the episodes right online, whenever you want. I hope that means I'll get more sleep from now on.

1 comment:

tina said...

OMG!! i thought the same thing about their height difference... i just love the show too.