Saturday, March 5, 2011

Photos of the Week 8

#59
My Dad the pool shark. This is quite possibly the only thing that he likes about his new home. He sure is having a ball playing.

#60
We removed all the Christmas mantel decor on January 1st and somewhere around mid February I realized the mantel was completely bare. I thought it was time for all new decor and I really suck at decorating a mantel so it took forever. I love the lantern because it's a battery powered realistic candle that flickers and comes on every night for 5 hours. The glass plate is beautiful and only took Karlo and I an hour to agree upon at Pier One. We considered a dozen others, but finally settled on this one. So fitting for our house and I love that it reflects the light. The photo is too dark to see the other items :-(

#61
I did really good with my 'dots' this year, but this one is a doozy. Easily the biggest and most painful to date. As you can see, my finger swells up like a sausage. To make matters worse, I now I have another dot on that same finger, on the joint, which makes bending my finger impossible. Now add to it another terrible dot on my middle finger and another brewing on the thumb. By the time vacation rolls around I will likely not be able to use my right hand at all. Perfect! By the way I took this photo with my big DSLR, obviously with one hand, my left hand. I'm getting good at using my left hand for everything!

#62
This Wii game is my latest obsession and probably deserves it's own blog topic. All I want to do is sing and dance like Michael. At least it gives me more reason to walk around the house wearing one glove. Yes, I'm actually doing that to protect my dots! Stay tuned for more scoop on the game.

#63
My new Miami sandals that did get their own blog posting so no further explanation is needed.

#64
More new stuff I had to buy for vacation . . . I bought this cool Camelbak for our bike trip. Only problem is that it's much bigger than I had anticipated (always the danger with online shopping). It was cool enough to keep, but I really struggled with the decision on whether or not to bring it. This day was all about packing and preparing for vacation #1.

#65
What on earth is Ayurveda anyway? It's an ancient holistic approach to health and healing and I've been fascinated by it for years. I always wanted to take a course in it and I finally found one at a yoga studio in CT. Tonight starts my 6 part class and I can't wait to get started.

No comments: