Thursday, March 31, 2011

On the Road Again

This time I'm in Orlando, Florida for a business trip. Well, it's almost hard to call it a business trip really. I'm at Photoshop World which is a huge meeting for folks who are passionate about Photoshop. It's really mostly just photographers that attend and it feels just like being at that photo conference in NYC. I just love being around photographers and all things related to photography. It's all so inspiring!

On the first day I had the morning free to stroll around with my photo buddy Sandy. We strolled around the shops and had lunch at my favorite restaurant Opa. God I love that place. I could eat there every day and it's the reason I want to visit Greece.


In addition to eating terrific Greek food, I also attended a half day training workshop on video. All the training I've taken in the past involved editing the video with software, but this class went over some of the camera and production basics. We got to practice our video skills while shooting a musician performing. He was an adorable kid who was on previous American Idols. Although I loved getting out 'in the field' and learning the tricks of the trade, it was all sort of scary and stressful. It left me with very mixed emotions about taking on such a difficult new job. But I guess I love a challenge so I'm going to embrace it.



Despite being completely drained from that class I did manage to have lots of fun that night. My manager Ben arrived and he joined Sandy and I for a great dinner and then we went to a poolside party at the hotel.

Yesterday was filled with more classes and some crazy weather. I sure am happy this is a business trip and not vacation. Lots of rain and wind, add to that the lightening and tornadoes. Boy, there's never a dull weather moment this week. And now I hear I'm coming home to snow. Yeah!

1 comment:

tina said...

a perfect raw, gray and wet day her but i will take that over tornados...