Saturday, April 2, 2011

Jet Blue Rocks

I made it home from Orlando. I survived the tornadoes, the mind numbing conference classes, and midnight madness. And, of course, it was perfectly sunny and 80 degrees when I left. Figures. It was hard to leave at that point. That sun felt so good on my skin. My body is simply craving it at this point.

My travel home was easy and uneventful and I'm simply in love with Jet Blue. The entire flying experience was like a breath of fresh air to a seasoned traveler. Boy do I wish Jet Blue provided flights to more cities out of Bradley. I hope and pray that they extend their service here because I will be a loyal customer and United Airlines can ____________ (you can fill in the blank there).

The staff at Jet Blue were all happy and helpful. They didn't charge extra for checked baggage. They gave you the entire can of beverage (instead of a cupful of ice and 1/2 ounce of liquid), they even let you have your choice of snacks and when I couldn't decide between the animal crackers or the cashews (yes, cashews - not peanuts) they said I could have both. Every single seat gets their own private video screen and although they do charge for headsets, the input is a standard jack so any headphones taken off an mp3 player will work. On the way back I watched non-stop HGTV House Hunters International. When the pilot came on and said, "Folks we are making our final approach into Hartford" my reaction was, "What? Already? I have to see what house they picked before you land."

But wait, there's more. As I was walking from the gate to the baggage claim I heard an announcement as to what baggage carousel my bags would be on. In all my flying I never remember hearing any such announcement. Usually I just get down to baggage check and hunt and peck until I find my flight. I also usually walk really slow, visit the rest room, call the parking valet service, and still wait around for 15 minutes for my bags to show up (with United). But last night I didn't visit the restroom and the bags started making their way down the conveyor belt the minute I got to the carousel. Absolutely everything about the airline impressed me and I will certainly fly them any chance I get. Good job Jet Blue!

2 comments:

lgaumond said...

I agree completely! We fly Jet Blue to St. Martin and always have a great experience. Glad you made it home safe and happy!

Samual said...

Its nice Blog. In addition to fatigue and disorientation, you can experience other symptoms with jet lag. One symptom you can experience is broken sleep once you reach your destination.

Jet lag Symptoms