Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I Need More Sleep


I swear it feels like I need 20 hours of sleep per day right now. I am just so unbelievably tired all the time, it's unreal. I sometime think about writing on my blog, but just the thought wears me out. And then there's trying to figure out what to talk about, besides my current misery . . . and I always draw a blank. My life is just consumed with being sick and that alone makes me sick.

So since my illness is all I can think about these days, maybe I should document where I am with it. Tomorrow ends my 21 day dose of antibiotics and I'm also scheduled to see the doctor again tomorrow. I'm clearly a long way from being back to healthy and I can't wait to see what the next step will be. I've gone beyond frustration and I'm now entering anger. It's amazing how many feelings a person can have toward a bug. A DEAD bug! That damned little bug . . . . . OK, deep breathes.

My ears are still super sensitive and I'm convinced that I lost some hearing. I can no longer hear low range things, and most things above a whisper are still too much for me. My comfort level is ridiculously small. My body is still sore and achy and every morning it feels like I was in a car wreck the day before. How can muscles ache so darn much without having done anything to stress them? I just don't understand it. My back and neck hurt no matter what, consistently every single day. And if I do the slightest amount of physical activity, I'm sore. Yesterday we took a short easy walk and my legs felt like I biked all day. I swatted a tennis racket around a dozen times yesterday (trying to kill bees) and today my forearm hurts like crazy. This is the most pathetic and depressing situation. I went from being in tip top shape just a month ago to THIS. There are just no words to describe how I feel about this.

But on a brighter note, the severity of the headaches has decreased, the pain in my hips is gone, and the dizziness has lessened. I'm moving around at much quicker speeds and that, at least, makes me feel better.

Now if I could just figure out a way to sleep 20 hours a day while still getting paid, life would be better.

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

I'm so sorry you're feeling awful. I hope your doctor has some new ideas tomorrow to make you feel better soon.