Thursday, April 28, 2011

There Goes Our New Hot Tub



Dammit. That is all I have to say about that. The timing was unreal. First, I was cautious and waited until after we had our taxes done, to make sure we weren't going to owe too much. As soon as I got the good news from the accountant, I added the hot tub of my choice into my online cart. Karlo starting mentally preparing the deck for extra support, I almost had my finger on my mouse ready to click the "order now" button when the bad news arrived about our roof in Maine. Insert swears and expletives here! And there goes the new hot tub. I could have had two of them for the price of this stinkin' roof. Steam coming out of my ears . . .

And the worst part is that I could really really really use a hot tub these days. My body aches almost constantly for no apparent reason. I fantasize about how nice it would be to soak in a tub. Not to mention that having a hot tub may be the only way I'll ever go back into the woods. I figure a quick dip in the tub after hikes will boil off any free-loading critters. Sigh. I guess it's gonna have to wait now and I don't like it.

1 comment:

tina said...

now i finally know what the house in Maine looks like and better yet with the new roof :) your hot tub would be great for you. don't take it off your list yet.