Saturday, April 23, 2011

Goodbye Miami


This morning we got off the ship and headed to the famous South Beach in Miami for our last excursion. I didn't' realize that it included a bus tour of the Art Deco district. I guess I don't read the excursion descriptions very well. So this was a bonus and it was quite interesting. I've heard of Art Deco before, but I never really knew what it was or how it came to be. It definitely made us take a closer look at South Beach and appreciate the architecture. It's funny how I never even noticed this on our first visit several years ago. I wouldn't normally have taken boring pictures of buildings, but now I was fascinated by the styles so I grabbed a few cool pictures.

Aside from the cool buildings there was nothing else about Miami that I remotely liked. Check out the temperate while we were there . . . You may have to click on the photo to actually see the temp.


I can't imagine why anybody would want to live there. No amount of beach or sunshine is worth that crazy traffic.

And I'll leave you with one last video of the trip:



And if you would like to see the still photos, here's the link to those.

Thanks for sharing in our trip. I have one more page of notes to type up, and that's the pros and cons of cruising. Stay tuned for those.

No comments: