Sunday, April 17, 2011

We're Back-Week 15 in Pictures

This was the first time in a very long time that I traveled with no laptop. I was jittery for the first few days, but I slowly eased into being 'unconnected.' Of course it didn't stop me from continuing to write every day. I did it the old fashioned way . . . with a notebook and pen and I plan to document the trip here on the blog over the next week. All in all we had a great time. I stuggled with being sick for most of it, but as you will see, it wasn't so bad. And speaking of being sick, I'm still not feeling well and I truly look forward to the day when I awake and feel human again. Hopefully that will happen soon. So stay tuned for vacation stories and pictures, and in the meantime here's my week in pictures for week 15.

#100
My self portrait on the beach in Ft. Lauderdale. We spent the first day and half being beach bums.

#101
First day on the ship and Karlo can't put down that damned Kindle. He's like a cat curled into our cabin window.

#102
Our first shore excursion was to Key West. What a fun little place.

#103
Our second excursion was to Cozumel. I think I love it there. It was definitely the highlight of the trip.

#104
Is it just me or does this picture make you dizzy? It was my favorite part of the ship - adults only, hot tubs, comfy chairs, and relaxing music. This was our 'day at sea.'

#105
We spent the last day in South Beach, Miami taking in the art deco buildings and the beach.

#106
We came home to a filthy house and it was time to start phase one of Spring Cleaning. The entire day was spent cleaning. Yuck.

#107
Part 2 of Spring Cleaning Phase 1 included washing the dog beds. Imagine a whole hour with no bed? Horrifying, I know. So Peanut managed to find the bare beds that I tried to hide in the corner.

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

I love your pictures and can't wait for the stories. Especially of Cozumel. What sort of a restaurant gives you a basin and a roll of paper towels with your meal?