Sunday, April 24, 2011

Week 16 in Photos

This past week is going down in history as the most miserable week of my life. Even I struggle to find the words to describe the misery. Taking just one photo at day was, at times, almost overwhelming. It meant that I had to actually get off the couch and move. uuuuugh. You can't even imagine . . . So here's my week, as best as I could capture it.

#108
This is basically what gets me through the day . . . noise canceling headphones, pain killers, my antibiotics, and probiotics. What a rockin' good time my life has become.

#109
I got up and took a picture of the couch with all my blankets and pillows on it, but then I turned around and saw Peanut lying like this. This defines EXACTLY how I felt (and still feel) so I couldn't resist this as my photo of the day. Thanks for illustrating, Peanut.

#110
It was good timing that my new book arrived from Amazon today. I read a lot this week, considering how much my eyeballs hurt to move them.

#111
I actually ventured outdoors today (I went to work even, but that was a mistake). When I got home I wanted to take photos of the spring bulbs and made it half way up the driveway! But the wind was too strong to take a nice picture of the daffodils. I got this dead bud instead. More appropriate for my mood than bright flowers.

#112
I was determined to keep our tradition of painting eggs on Good Friday. After procrastinating all day, I finally mustered the energy to watch Karlo paint them.

#113
Now I really got crazy and did a load of laundry. It took everything I had so imagine my delight when I opened the drier door and money literally flew out at me. It was like a winning slot machine. How exciting!

#114
This picture shows my only bright spots of the weekend. On Friday, we colored the eggs, on Saturday I found the Snoopy card and my favorite candy of all time in my mailbox (Thank you Tina & family!!!!!), and this morning I got a partially deaf (just like me) chocolate bunny. So maybe things are starting to look up.


2 comments:

Thomas Geza Miko said...

Hey Paula,

I think Karoly would enjoy my latest post i.e. the last section of it (he has to "suffer" through the other stuff, to get there). I occasionally use 4 letter words (not too often, and within context). Tell Karoly that "a B-nevezetu haveromnak a neve Balazs."

What's going on with your health? Sinus infection? Ear infection? Was it instigated by seasonal allergies that clogged you up?

Here you go (my blog post): http://radioactivebirdwatcher.blogspot.com/2011/04/circle-of-life.html
By the way I never check the miko@usc.edu email address, any more. I am more easily found at thomas_miko@hotmail.com

tina said...

hang in there, you're doing a great job!