Monday, April 18, 2011

Paula: 0 Tick: 20

I was planning to start my vacation memoir tonight, but I'm losing the battle against the tick in the most horrific way. I don't think it's possible that I could EVER forget what I'm experiencing right now, but just in case, I thought I should document it.

After a terrible weekend of feeling like I was dying, I was forced back to the doctor this afternoon. I was convinced that my head would simply explode soon. The doc told me that I have the worst case of Lyme Disease that he ever saw. I now have to wear noise canceling earphones all day long just to get by. My sensitivity to sound is off the chart and the constant ringing in my ears is deafening. Add to that the pain in my body . . . my neck, my hips, joints, muscles, EYEBALLS. OMG everything hurts. How the hell can this happen from such a small little bug? The doc said I should start to improve by the end of the week. Not sure how I'm gonna make it that far in this condition. Apparently pain management is all he can offer me at this point. Yeah, this is a week I won't soon forget. Vacation stories will start tomorrow. I promise.

1 comment:

tina said...

I feel so bad for you and hope that the side effects subside real soon. take care and be patient.