Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day at Sea


Since today is a full day with no commitments of rising early, we stayed up late last night - such party animals! There was a big dance party on the main deck that I had fun watching. Yes, watching. All the dances were line-type dances (non-country) which is right up my alley, but Karlo (despite the fact that he now line dances) was not into the "cattle call" as he calls it. We just did our own thing, as we usually do, and it was nice.

Last night was also the first night that I actually slept since we left home and I think I figured out why I wasn't sleeping. Yesterday was also the first day that I didn't take the Alka-seltzer cold medicine. Ah-ha. Mystery solved. I struggled with my head yesterday, but it was worth getting some much needed sleep.

I woke up feeling almost human again. I was so excited that I sprung out of bed (this means that it didn't take me a full minute to go from laying to standing) and tried some yoga poses. Wow, I could bend over! I'm finally on the mend. To celebrate we headed out to the deck where Karlo took some video and pictures of my doing yoga. It was a blast - a huge challenge in the strong winds, but lots of fun. I even got Karlo to do a short routine with me. We had to the whole deck to ourselves as all the other party animals were still sleeping. It was blissful.


This day would be a challenge because there were no shore excursions. That meant we had to keep ourselves occupied all day on the ship, and we did a pretty good job. I was happy on my lounge chair with a book and the band playing for the first few hours. Then it was obvious that good ole Paula was back . . . I insisted on going to the track for several walking laps. Gosh, it felt good to walk without pain.


We also watched an ice sculpting demonstration, played a fun trivia game, and went to a charming tea time in a piano bar. It was likely Karlo and I and a bunch of Brits, but we do enjoy our tea breaks so we fit right in. In an effort to fit in even better I asked Karlo if we should "talk with an accent" while we were there sipping our tea. Karlo's reply was, "Only while we are here?" It took me a couple of seconds to get it, but when I did I laughed so hard I nearly choked on my tea. Do you get the humor here?


From the tea break we went shopping on the ship and I scored myself a really gaudy yellow ring that Karlo picked out. I've been searching for a yellow stoned ring forever and it was sweet that he found me one. I do like sparkly things!

No comments: