Sunday, April 3, 2011

Photos of the Week 13

At least I think it's the 13th week. I totally lost track. Here's what last week looked like through my eyes.

#87
I arrived to Florida in the rain so I took a picture of this sign in the hotel lobby. And then I suffered through more rain, wicked thunderstorms, and even a tornado. So much for the land of sunshine!

#88
This is what half of the next day looked like. I did get to stroll around in the sunshine (while it lasted) and have a great lunch, but this is really what I should be remembering from the day. My video workshop at Photoshop World. I'm finally getting the serious 'behind the camera' training that I need.

#89
The always exciting keynote presentation to kick off the conference. Photoshop World has to be one of the most fun conferences in the world to attend. What a ball.

#90
So much for the fun. Now it was all about learning. I sat through hours of classes for three days.

#91
And then the sun finally came back - just in time for me to go home. But I did get to soak up the rays for a little while and get my vitamin D supply for the day.

#92
What on earth is this? Karlo is making himself a butter and raw potato sandwich, like only Karlo could. I don't even want to ask what he ate all week while I was away.

#93
We will call this "Spring Fever." Everyone besides me is sunbathing - Karlo is enjoying the sun on the deck while both dogs are soaking in the rays through the window. I guess it's time I head out there too.

3 comments:

lgaumond said...

That's amazing. I've never seen a photo of Karlo where he wasn't being active or eating. Did you slip some tranquilizers in the butter and potato sandwich?

Thomas Geza Miko said...

I don't think the raw potatos thing is Hungarian, it sounds like Karlo's personal, private eccentricity.
I stumbled across your blog when I wrote this into the Google search bar:
"How do I get my Droid to let me write in Hungarian?"
I bought a new cell phone, a Droid X, this weekend, and it won't let me answer emails in Hungarian. It autocorrects every Hungarian word into what it thinks is the closest-spelled English word.
Why Google thinks you can help is beyond me, but I wound up sitting in my kids' bedrrom, reading your blog (on the Droid) while waiting for my 5 year old and 6 year old to fall asleep.
BTW did you name him Karlo i.e. were you unable to pronounce Karoly, or did he re-name himself that?
Tom in L.A.

Unknown said...

Hi Tom, Karolj actually renamed himself when he immigrated to North America years ago. I guess nobody could pronounce his real name (including me) so I'm happy he goes by Karlo. And I'm not sure about my Droid, but my iPad INSISTS on auto-correcting his name to something ridiculous every single time I try to type it. Drives me insane.

Az nem nyers krumpli volt hanem karalab.

That last part was from Karlo. No idea what he said! LOL Enjoy your new Droid X. I love mine.