Friday, October 12, 2007

Big Brother

This is weird. Last week while I was in Charlotte, I was walking down the street coming, back from dinner, when a car that was parked on the side of the road caught my eye. I was totally attracted to this car and HAD to walk over to it and check it out. This very rarely happens to me. I have completely outgrown the lust for nice cars. I used to know every make and model on the road and had a wish list a mile long. Nowadays, I like almost nothing and my choices for a practical car are so limited that even thinking about switching cars bores me.

But there was some sort of compelling attraction pulling me toward this car. I couldn't resist it and had to go check it out. It was the most adorable Audi I ever saw. Funny, the number one car on my imaginary wish list has been an Audi All-Road. I even considered trading up for one (until I discovered the price tag, the gas mileage, and the fact that it requires the highest octane fuel). But still, if I could have any car, it would be the All-Road wagon.

So this little car was an Audi A3. Has anybody ever saw one before (in this country)? I know they are all over Europe (they have the coolest cars in Europe and its not fair), but I have never spotted on here in the States. If I could have that car with a diesel engine it would be a dream come true. In case you are interested, here it is:

Yeah, I know . . . Its very similar to what I already drive. Maybe. But it's so much sportier, sleeker, sexier. Its just plain better. And I want it!

Here's the strange part. Earlier this week I fetched the mail and found something from Audi. Now I have never received any mail from Audi in my life. Why is it that ALL OF A SUDDEN Audi is sending me mail? I swear its like Big Brother. I have a fleeting thought of "God I want that car" and my brainwaves were sent out into the universe so that the marketing people at Audi could pick up on them.

So now I'm invited to some la te da special red carpet premiere party at the new Audi dealership in Hartford. Should I go? Could be very dangerous. But I wanna go . . .

2 comments:

lgaumond said...

You should go, because then you'll trade in your car, and maybe you can get a red one or something other than BORING gray, which is impossible to find in the parking lot.

Unknown said...

Hilarious . . . I liked the silver one the best. Oh God, I'm BORING!! But Lisa is right. The real reason I don't like my car is the color and the fact that it's too plain jane boring. Still got my eye on the bright yellow FJ Cruiser!