Sunday, October 14, 2007

Weekend Report

What a busy and exciting weekend this was. What were the chances that two out-of-state friends were in CT on the same weekend and I got to see them both? And add to that improbability the incredible weather. It made for one great weekend.

I went to Hartford to cheer on Reggie who completed a half marathon – you go girl! I was so proud of her and inspired too. If I could run, I just might have been fired up to start. Such a shame that I can’t. Oh well.

I took an awesome mountain bike ride. A portion of the ride was on a trail that I previously tackled on my motorcycle. I don’t think I was ever more proud of myself. I could NOT believe how difficult the trail was. It challenged me on my mountain bike. I’m still shocked that I made on the big bike without wiping out.

I also got to experience the new UConn. I went to meet up with CA Sue and some other UConn friends. Good thing Sue told me that the Co-op was in a new location. I had no idea. It was unreal being on campus. I had no idea where I was. NOTHING is the same. Sort of sad. Everything is so big, and new, and unfamiliar. Boy was I surprised to walk out of the Student Union and see the homecoming parade. Like I said, it just wasn’t the same. I got to meet Sue’s daughter for the first time – too cute. Even sadder is the fact that she’ll probably be a teenager the next time I see her. Oh so scary.

I ended this weekend with an incredible motorcycle ride. The best one yet. I swear it just can’t get any better than today’s ride. Last time I saw my brother he asked me, “So how do you like living out there?” I still can’t believe just how much I love it. When you see my week in pictures you will understand. The photos start last weekend, but the captions will tell the story. Click here to view the pictures.

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

How pretty! And you're right, we needed the sleeping greyhound photo. So cute. Looks like a great weekend!