Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Toilets are Very Scary

I have come to terms with the fact that I have an irrational fear of bowling balls. Yes, I know that sounds ridiculous, but I find it very difficult to bowl because I can't seem to get over the fear that my fingers are not going to come out of the holes. Not sure why I have this fear. I have really skinny fingers. But still, I picture myself being flung down the alley being led by a big ball that weighs nearly as much as I do. Not a pretty sight.

Luckily I don’t bowl often.

But now I realize that I have another irrational fear . . . Of toilets. I used to be afraid of toilets as a kid. But that was public toilets and it was more a fear of using them. Last night I realized that I'm terrified of all toilets.

Same old story . . . Because Karlo is out of town and something just has to go wrong . . . The stupid toilet in the master bathroom clogged up last night. And it's ironic too because one of my favorite commercials is the one from Kohler where they guy tries everything to clog up his Kohler toilet. Click on the graphic below.



I put one tiny piece of toilet paper in the toilet and, lucky me, clog the darn thing. So I called Karlo who guided me through the basement to find the plunger. I did as directed and could not believe how scared I was. I just left it alone and wasn't all too anxious to try to flush it again. After all, I have three bathrooms. This could wait until Karlo got home.

But just to torture me, Karlo called me back and told me to flush it and see what happens. Was he NUTS? I was terrified. What if it over flowed and I'm home alone? I have no idea why I listened to him. Like having him on the phone would be of any help to me. But I did it. I flushed with the plunger in my hand. As I watched the water rising higher and higher I thought I would have a heart attack. I can not believe the fear that a simple toilet can instill upon me. Thank God Karlo explained what to do if the water started to rise too much.

Let me just say this, I am NOT touching that darn plunger or toilet again until Karlo gets home. I don't need more stress in my life. I'm not dueling with a toilet. They scare me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i understand your fear, toilets are disgusting!!! i loved your writing assignment and your weekend report.

lgaumond said...

You big silly WUSS!

Jamie said...

not sure if this is on-topic, but I bowled a 190 today!