Wednesday, October 17, 2007

My Fish Needs a Name

I’m happy to report that I added two new fish to the family. Last night I went shopping in Manchester with Lisa. Because Lisa was with me, I got brave enough to enter PetsMart. I was still determined to walk out if the evil witch was in there, but luckily she wasn’t. Lisa helped me pick out a couple new fish. I failed to mention that I lost another fish last week. Gee wiz. I went one month without changing the tank water and all was good. I changed the water, as instructed, and within one week I lost two fish. I think from now on I’m only taking fish advice from Lisa. She has the most laid back approach to fish care and seems to have the best success.

I got one fish that has three black dots on the back of its body and these dots look just like Mickey Mouse ears. That name was easy. That fish is now Mickey. The other fish is a dwarf something or other. It’s the cutest little thing. Tiny little fish. When I looked at it it reminded me of “Mini Me” so I thought the perfect name would be “Mini.” It took me a few seconds to realize that I just named my two new fish Mickey and Mini. What a riot. I swear that was unintentional.

Now all of my fish have names except one. I can’t seem to come up with a good name for this one. All the other names came to me so quickly and easily. I named Siggy after a fun guy we met in Croatia. I named Snowflake after her pure whiteness. The name Lilly just came to me after gazing at here for a few seconds. All of my sucker fish will always be named “Sucker.” I think I get that from my grandfather who had a dozen different Beagles throughout his life and named every single one of them Mario (even the girls).

So I need help with the “No Name” fish. There used to be a bar in Harford called “The Bar with No Name” so I thought I could have “the Fish with No Name.” But Lisa thinks maybe the fish is having an identity crisis and that’s why it’s always hiding. Poor fish needs a name. I’m open to suggestions. Anybody got any? The fish is a orangy/reddish color with not much personality. What do ya think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think you should name it Bella,
which you know means beautiful in
italian. the colors you described
to me immediatly made me think of
that name.

lgaumond said...

I say name him Earl.

Unknown said...

OK, the new fish name will be Erbella! Yeah, my fish finally has a name.