Sunday, November 22, 2009

Getting Ready For Opening Day

This was the last weekend before the gallery's big opening and we sure were busy getting ready. Luckily I had some help from a friend who did a great job with the displays. I swear that was my biggest challenge. I find it easy to make the jewelry, yet impossible to show it off. The only idea that was mine was making little "jewelry trees" and I was quite proud of them. Everybody (including the hounds) pitched in to lend a hand and I was very grateful for the help.




I think I'm in good shape now and won't need to do too much more for opening day. That should leave me some time to do some Christmas shopping on the dreaded Black Friday. After opening my calendar I realized that after the two upcoming weekends which are 100% dedicated to the gallery, the following weekend is 100% dedicated to work. We have to go away to Florida for work again and by the time we come home I have exactly one weekend before Christmas. Holy shopping problem Batman. If I don't get my act together on Black Friday there will be no Christmas.

No comments: