Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Quiet Night at Home

Boy it sure is quiet around here. Karlo is on the road for a short trip and I'm home alone, out numbered by hounds two to one. I've been stressing about these two days and handling the new little monster all by myself. I was complaining to Lisa that I should be doing everything possible to relieve some of my stress and instead I'm adding to it. But I got myself all worked up and worried over nothing (so far). Cooper has been on his best behavior tonight. Both dogs are snoozing on their beds and I feel like I have a sleeping infant in the house. I don't dare move from the kitchen counter for fear that they will stir. It's so nice and stress-free when they are both laying down. I can rest easy. As long as Cooper is laying down I know he's not going to have an accident in the house. Of course, this is really my only worry and concern. And it's really unfounded because he hasn't had an accident yet. But still, I will be anxious for the first month until I really know I can trust him. So here I sit, as still as can be, watching the clock and wishing time would move faster. How ironic seeing as I haven't been able to catch up on my To Do list for months. I have mountains of work to do and yet I'm happy to be here doing none of it. Maybe this is an ironic twist of fate and I was meant to bring Cooper into my life to make me slow down. Funny how things work out . . .

No comments: