Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving Eating Tips from Karlo

This past weekend Karlo managed to sneak a gigantic Belgian chocolate bar into our grocery cart without my knowledge. I have to admit I wasn’t too upset when it appeared on the dining room table after our dinner. Knowing Karlo’s eating habits, and being selfish enough to want to have my fair share of the bar, I wanted to make sure that he wasn’t planning to eat the entire thing all at once (like he normally does). I’ve learned that if I want any food in our house I need to eat it immediately, or go without. I’ll scarf down huge pieces of watermelon when I’m so full I think I’m going to burst because I know if I don’t get some on the spot it will be gone in 10 minutes. I hate having to do this, so with this chocolate bar I was going to set some rules.

I pondered how I was going to tell Karlo that he was NOT eating the entire bar on the spot. At first I thought I should point out that this bar was supposed to be 8 servings, but I knew that wouldn’t phase him. He doesn’t blink an eye at eating 10 servings at one time. So I thought I would re-phase and said, “Karlo, this candy bar is going to last for more than one sitting.” And he happily agreed instead of the protest that I was expecting . . . about it going bad if we didn’t eat it right away. I sat there for a few moments stunned trying to figure out what he was up to and then he says, “I’ll stand up and sit down as many times as you want me to.”

So there you have it folks. Eat as much as you want tomorrow. Just make sure you stand up and sit back down every once in a while because that qualifies you for a whole ‘nother serving!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

1 comment:

tina said...

OMG, i fell off my chair from
laughing too hard!!!