Friday, January 8, 2010

Brand Loyalty

A while back I did a fun exercise of making a list of brands that I am loyal to. I have to say, this was a hard task for me because normally I buy whatever is on sale or convenient. It takes a lot to get me to spend more or go the slightest bit out of my way for a particular brand. I thought it would be fun to blog about it because I’m curious what brands you are loyal to. So here’s my list. May not be totally complete, as my real list is somewhere at home.
  • Nikon – This one had to go first and foremost. It is so funny how most professional or serious amateur photographers shoot with either Nikons or Canons and are completely and utterly loyal to that brand. I’m a Nikon girl and will continue to be for the rest of my life. Here is a funny video portraying this loyalty.
  • Keen – These shoes are on the pricey side and are really ugly, but I’m willing to spend top dollar for the comfort and performance. I LOVE them and have several pairs.
  • Mountain Hardware – Once again, pricey technical clothing, but such nice quality that I am willing to spend more for the brand.
  • Skagen – I’ve owed lots and lots of watches in my life, but I’m slowly converting them all over to Skagens. So far I have three in my collection, but hope to continue to grow it. I just love their very low profile.
  • Bath & Bodyworks – I’ve tried so many different lotions and potions, but none of them seem to compare to Bath & Bodyworks. I always fall back to this brand as my favorite.
  • Burts’s Bees – From the first time I tried it I was hooked. I don’t stick with all their various products, but nothing else has touched my lips over the past 5 years.
  • Mini – Is Mini a brand? If so, I’m loyal. I’ll buy anything with a Mini logo on it and I swear it’s the only car I’ll ever own.
  • Iams – When they are not eating wine corks off the floor . . . the only food our hounds will eat.
So tell me, what brands are you loyal to?

2 comments:

michelled said...

I'm going to try to get back to blogging and commenting!

Brands - definitely SmartWool!!!!
Canon, Dansko clogs,DogWatch (electric fence).......

How's Cooper? What was making him sick?

Unknown said...

Oooh, Smart Wool is a good one. I have some socks and the best cycling jersey ever by them!!

Cooper is better. We are pretty sure he ate a wine cork and I guess it was doing exactly what a cork should do. uuugh.