Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Deep Breathes, Positive Thoughts

I really thought the new, even-numbered year would end much of my stress and bad luck. I had such high hopes for a more fun-filled, less stressful year. Let’s just say it’s not going so well and my neck and shoulder are back to killing me.

Yesterday we not only drove the Mini on snow-covered roads (with only 3 gears) to get to the shop, but we discovered that Cooper is sick. The poor dog has been throwing up since two nights ago. Karlo thought it best to not tell me about the 3 piles of puke he found in the basement yesterday morning. But when Jessica called to tell us that he threw up 4 more times at home we knew something was very wrong. I’m not sure who I felt worse for, Cooper for being sick, or Jessica for having to clean up after him all day. The vomiting continued last night and this morning and thank goodness for those saints at the Tolland Vet. They are really getting to know Karlo and I (and our various hounds) very well. They took him in the minute they opened this morning and it looks like he’ll be staying until later this evening at the very least. The good news is that there is no intestinal obstruction that will need surgery. Thank heavens.

So after this week, with seeing the vet bill and the car bill, I am just going to pray to God that we can get through one solid month without outrageous out-of-the-blue expenses. And to help that along I am just going to focus on deep breathes and positive thoughts, deep breathes and positive thoughts, deep breathes and positive thoughts . . . .

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry. I hope Cooper feels better soon. Poor baby.