Friday, January 15, 2010

My Next Car

I finally got my Mini back. It broke on Christmas night and has taken this long to be fixed. Let’s just say that I’m not happy . . . about anything. About the outrageous repair bill, nor about the fact that I now HATE my car. I can’t even believe that I just typed that . . . I hate my car.

So many things went wrong. First the windshield got broken (which, by the way, is still not fixed). Then the transmission cable broke. I wish I took a picture of the broken cable. It looked as if a saber tooth tiger chewed through it. Then the rusted out exhaust system needed to be replaced because it had to come down in order to fix the transmission and was literally not stable enough to put back. In addition to this, the mechanic was a chain smoker and the interior of my car now smells like an ashtray. As if the bill and the stench wasn't enough to bring tears to my eyes, when I started the car and pulled out of the parking lot I was simply stunned. I could not believe my ears.

We opted to buy a high performance exhaust system, not because I plan to race the car, but because:
  1. It was cheaper than a stock BMW exhaust.
  2. It was made of stainless steel with a lifetime warranty, which is obviously better than the factory BMW piece of crap that I originally had.
It seemed like a no-brainer decision to me. Little did I know I would end up with the equivalent of a Harley. I feel like a 17 year old punk kid with a souped-up 1990 Camero. It’s ridiculous. Silly me. I expected a brand new exhaust system to be refined and QUIET. Instead it sounds like there is no muffler at all! The rumble of the exhaust actually tickles my rear end!

Karlo thinks it’s awesome and will improve the resale value of the car. Is he crazy? There is no girl that will ever buy this car now. I’m pretty sure only a boy can appreciate the ‘coolness’ of it. It’s terrible. I either have to buy a dozen new speakers to drown out the sound of the exhaust or better yet, ditch it and buy a whole new car. Karlo is in favor of the latter. So I surfed online this morning and found myself a new Mini . . . This is much cooler than a loud muffler.

1 comment:

tina said...

oh no, i even fell out of love with
your mini now. i can totally hear
what you are talking about and can
see how karlo thinks it is so cool.
speaking of karlo, tell him happy
birthday. it's a few days early but
i hope he has a great birthday.
about your "brand" blog and your
strike, don't blame ya but i don't
think i have any brand loyalty.