Saturday, January 2, 2010

Let it Snow


Snow flake pictures in honor of the currently falling snow! That's some macro lens, eh? OK, so maybe the snowflake is a foot in diameter and is hanging in my window. Details.

I'm home alone, killing time waiting for Karlo and Jess to get home. Jess is flying in today and, of course, it has to be snowing. The poor thing had to first drive a couple hours, no doubt in snow, to get to Buffalo. Luckily a little (or a foot) of snow doesn't phase the folks in Buffalo. Then she had over an hour delay (on top of her 2 hour layover) in New Jersey. So I'm not going to complain about sitting in my comfy home, with my hounds and computer patiently waiting. I know all too well what's it like to be at the mercy of weather and airlines and the frustration of wasting your time, trapped in an airport. Luckily Jess has a lot more patience than Karlo and I and she will no doubt arrive as cheerful as ever.

Below are a few pictures that I took yesterday. We took a nice hike in our backyard. The sun broke through the clouds just long enough for me to run back to the house to get my camera. I just couldn't get enough of gazing at the water droplets hanging on the pine needles, just about to fall off. I only wish I brought out a tripod and had a nicer macro lens.





Looks like I'll have to wait awhile for all the snow to melt off the trees this time. We already have over 4 or 5 inches and it's supposed to snow all day! Still wishing I found some gloves warm enough to wear while playing with my camera . . .

No comments: