Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Boys Just Don’t Understand

Yesterday, Karlo and I went to pick up my birthday present. Yes, I know . . . it’s still a month away and yes, I know that I shouldn’t be meddling with my own gift. But I didn’t trust Karlo to get this one all on his own. Some ‘Paula interaction’ was a definite necessity. I was so excited – like a kid in a toy store. I couldn’t wait to see it. When I saw it, it brought me pure joy. I held my breathe in disbelief. What a good gift buyer I am ;-)

Karlo decided that he’s taking possession and I’m not to see it again until my birthday. That is torture, but I guess he’s right. After all, I do need something to look forward to, rather than just getting a stinkin’ year older.

I was allowed to slip it on for a brief minute. What a rush. I swear it was like getting engaged all over again. I tried to explain to Karlo how it makes me feel. What IS it about sparkly jewelry that attracts the females of the world? I can’t explain it and Karlo just doesn’t understand. He truly wanted to know what it feels like. I think maybe it’s like trying to explain love to somebody that’s never been in love. You just can’t explain it. And I guess boys will never know the rush that beautiful jewelry can give a woman. I couldn’t come up with one single similar example to use . . . Imagine a brand new . . . power tool . . . No, that didn’t work. How about a new pair of steel toe boots? No, that doesn’t work either. There just isn’t anything in the male world that can compare. Sorry guys.

4 comments:

lgaumond said...

A new pair of steel toed boots??? Seriously? That's the best you could come up with? Not a shiny, new motorcycle...? Now that's as good as a sparkly new ring.

Karlo said...

Now Lisa knows men! A shiny new motorcycle or a hang glider is much better than any ring . . . you can actually use it for something other then cutting glass.

Unknown said...

And this just PROVES that men don't get it. Wearing nice jewelry is not like owning a gadget.

Anonymous said...

ok, now this is much better than
ORANGE SOCKS! in the end, it is so
nice to receive a gift after being
very deserving of one regardless
of being male or female.