Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Photo Fun

Remember when I told you that I started a Photo Blog? Well, since then Jamie, Lisa and I have collaborated on quite a fun little project. Actually, Jamie is doing all the work building our new site and he's done a great job so far. Let me explain.

It was Lisa that found the new photo blog theme and suggested I start a new blog. Then Jamie saw it and instantly made his own. He suggested that we pick themes each week and each add photos to our individual blogs to match that theme. But then we got the idea of making a new site that displays both of our pictures in one place. From there we invited Lisa to join us (since the whole thing was her fault to begin with). So now we have our own little photo club - or maybe Jamie wants to call it a photo competition (being the competitive guy he is). Each week we will pick a different theme and the three of us will add our pictures. You can view all the pictures and even vote on them with a star system.

Our new web site is www.digourpics.com. I'm planning to post a link (on this blog) every Friday that goes directly to that week's theme. If you are bored on a Friday and would like to rate some of the pictures, that would be cool. If you would like to join us in our little party, please let me know. The more the merrier - more people for Jamie to beat ;-)

This week's theme is Nature and would you believe an enormous turtle was walking down our street this morning and I did NOT get out of the car to take a picture? Shameful. Now Jamie . . . he would have gotten out in the rain for the shot!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

For the record... I am NOT in competition with you and Lisa, mainly because I'm struggling to keep up at this point!!! It IS keeping me on my toes, however.

And to add my 2cents, if anyone would like to join in - just email me and I'll add your photoblog to our rolecall! One caveat: it has to be a wordpress.com hosted blog... for now, that's all I had time to make work with our site.