Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Summer Solstice

We just happened to be out in WA on Summer Solstice so we really got to experience “the longest day of the year.” Did you know that it stays light until 10 PM out there? Boy did we feel like losers going to bed before dark most nights. At 9:30 it was still completely bright out. OK, before you think we are really lame, don’t forget about the jet lag. At home I can barely make it to 10 PM so out there 8 PM felt like 11 PM. I’m not sure exactly what time the sun set, but they must have at least an extra hour of sunlight at the end of the day. It’s a little depressing to think that the days are going to start to get shorter from this point. I still feel like summer didn’t even start yet. If I could just finish this book project I might be able to get out and have a life again. I need a tan for heaven’s sake!

No comments: