Sunday, June 1, 2008

Summer Cleaning

I completely missed "Spring cleaning" so it was definitely time for Summer cleaning. We spent all morning on Sunday cleaning the house (well, half the house - the half that the dogs occupy). Gosh those buggers are dirty. I couldn't take it anymore. If the house was going to get clean, so were the hounds.

Bentley in our 'bathtub.'

The drowned rat after her bath.

Drying off in the sun.

After all the cleaning, I walked around the yard and marveled at how all the things I planted were actually growing. How exciting. Now if I can just keep Karlo from mowing them all down, I'll be happy. I couldn't resist taking a picture of this little addition to the yard.

Next, it was time for a break. We sat down on the deck and the doorbell rang. Unexpected visitors are very rare for us. And don't you know . . . OF COURSE I was unshowered and without makeup. This is the second time this has happened to me. uuuugh. I never learn. Good thing JoAnne and Joe didn't seem to mind. We had a great little surprise visit.

Then it was time for a bike ride. Karlo had to put on his special biking socks. I once explained to Lisa that he doesn't wear biking socks to 'look cool' but instead to 'be cool' (keep his feet cool). But after taking a closer look, maybe he does 'look cool,' Not sure. You decide.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm not so sure that "cool" is the best adjective to describe those biking socks!

Anonymous said...

i think they are perfect as long
as i am not the person biking with
him :)

Unknown said...

OK Tina, that was hilarious!!!

lgaumond said...

Thank you for washing my birthday present. When will you be delivering her?

Unknown said...

How about June 14th?