Sunday, June 29, 2008

Whirlwind Weekend


Where did the weekend go? It feels like I missed a day. Actually, I sort of did. Saturday was a colossal waste of time as we drove all over tarnation looking for my new obsession. That resulted in a lot of wasted time and gas and nothing but disappointment. I guess that is my punishment for losing my mind

But today was a great day. We wanted to pack in all kinds of activities after wasting most of Saturday. We started the day with a great bike ride. We took our one and only road biking route and this was our second attempt at it. The first time we got completely lost, came home and bought a new GPS that we can use on the bike. Today we used the GPS and had a ball.

That reminds me of a story about our new GPS. We also used it on Saturday. I went into a gas station to find a phone book to get an address to plug into the new Nuvi. We plugged it in and drove off. Right off the bat the entire bracket became dis-attached from the windshield and the GPS went crashing to the floor. I picked it up and stuck it back on the windshield. Next thing I know, nothing but garble-gook is coming out. The woman was speaking in tongues! I thought for sure the crash to the ground broke the darn thing. But no . . . while I was in the gas station Karlo changed the settings so that the instructions were spoken in Hungarian. What a riot. The timing for it to fall off the windshield couldn't have been better.

Well anyway, our bike ride was so great that we got home and decided to do it all over again with our motorcycles. Fun, fun. After that it was all work around the house and no more play. We are just now starting to accept the fact that we are throwing a party next week. I think it's time we actually start to make some plans!



No comments: