Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Where's Paula?

Click on the image above to 'find me.'

I'm here! But as usual, I'm BUSY as can be. I had full intentions of giving my weekend report yesterday, but it just didn't happen. Work is out of control these days and I fear it will only get worse. I'm off next week for vacation (oh, did I ever mention that? More on that later) and I'll never catch up on work that needs to be done before I go - not to mention the pile that I'll come home to. Sometimes it's just not worth it to take the vacation in the first place.

Now, looking back at my weekend, there really wasn't all that much to report on. Nothing particularly interesting happened. I didn't take any pictures. It was all around much more work than play and that's no fun to do, let alone talk about. So forget the weekend.

Last night was much more interesting. Rick and Nancy came over for dinner. Wait, back up 5 minutes. I was rushing around preparing dinner and I dropped some sauce on my skirt. As I was feverishly trying to clean it before the doorbell rang, the phone rang instead. The call went something like this, "Paula, I know this is insane to even ask, but do you think you can design an ad tonight?" I had visitors coming over, but I did bring my laptop home. And the reason I brought my laptop home? Because I have 170 pages of edits to make on the book. One of our reviewers gave us her edited copy yesterday afternoon and there wasn't one single page with no edits. The work is just piling up both at work and at home. I can't escape it. And I'm sure you all know that I did make that ad in the last hour last night after company left. I'm so used to being so overwhelmed that nothing phases me anymore.

But back to our visit with Rick and Nancy. We had a great time. We walked around the yard and Rick & Nancy reminisced about all the plants they planted. The dogs met for the first time and got along just fine. The pack ran around together - Mack desperately trying to keep up with his new long-legged friends. We talked about our upcoming visit to VA and even made some plans to take a drive down to NC with them. Oh what fun! I needed that nice break.


I think Mack has a crush on Peanut.

The mountain laurel is starting to bloom.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

The second I read this, I couldn't help but go out and do this:
http://www.mastrio.net/images/wherespaula.jpg

:)

I hope you have as much fun finding you as I did making this!

Anonymous said...

well now there must be something
wrong with me because i cant find
you anywhere. i keep laughing as i
try to find you because i cant
imagine what you are going to look
like as a cave person.

Karlo said...

She is the prettiest one!