Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Cupcakes and Cognac


Maybe that's an unlikely combination, but it suits my baby to a T. Immature enough for cupcakes, but at the same time old enough for an 'old man's drink.' Believe it or not, these were the first cupcakes I ever made in my life. And judging by the huge mess I made in the process, they will likely be the last cupcakes I ever make in my life.



But it was all worth it. Karlo really enjoyed his special day. We both called in sick, partially due to the weather, but mostly due to the fact that today is his birthday and we wanted to stay home together. It wasn't really much of a birthday celebration - certainly not compared to the rocking good time we had during my 4-day birthday extravaganza, but I still think he enjoyed the day. And we still have a special birthday dinner planned for this Saturday so hopefully that will make up for a rather lame day today.

Who eats a cupcake with a fork????

Happy Birthday Karlo!

2 comments:

Penni said...

Happy Birthday Karlo! Nicole made chocolate cupcakes yesterday too. She made them because she was "Bored" what kid is bored on a snow day?

tina said...

Happy, Happy Birthday to you Karlo!!!