Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Feeling Like a Kid


So far this day has been terrific. We woke up to the morning news and all the talk about the snowstorm. Finally, the predictions proved accurate and there was already a foot of the glorious white stuff on the ground by 6 AM. Despite getting official word from work, Karlo and I deemed the day a ‘snow day.’ If need be we would take a sick day. But as it turned out, there was no need for that. The company called off work! Yipppeee. Ahhhh to be a kid again with the absolute thrill over staying home for a day. And for me, it really is like being a kid. I’m inside playing while poor Karlo is outside laboriously clearing all that snow . . . and by the looks of it, it will likely take him all day. Just the deck took an hour!


This has to be the greatest feeling ever. I have the whole day ahead of me with nothing that I have to do. Sure I spent the last hour doing some YogaDudes work that needed to be done. And then there’s the working out that I ‘have’ to do, and the taxes that I should start . . . but I have plenty of time to just relax, read, and play in the snow. I simply can’t wait for Karlo to finish plowing so we can snowshoe or ski. A dream come true. I wish this day could last for a week. Maybe it will snow again tomorrow . . .

2 comments:

Penni said...

I had to be to work at 7am this morning. Hospitals don't have snow days...... We had 18 inches in our driveway by 6am and I made Ang get up to clear the way for me to drive the 4 wheel drive truck to work. Made it to work in 40 minutes ( usually takes 15) and Angelo ( being a "non-essential State employee) stayed home and cleared the driveway and sidewalks 4 times before the snow stopped. He even managed to get to Dad's before he got too involved in clearing his own driveway. ( that man is soo stubborn can't wait for anyone to help him!) Glad you enjoyed your day off. Nicole has tomorrow off from school too.

Unknown said...

Oh good. I was worrying about Dad all day. I know he's too stubborn for his own good and it always scares me. Glad you made it home safely!