Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Not According to Plan


So much for the fun relaxing day. Well, I guess it was still fun, but not so relaxing. After doing my P90X workout and eating lunch all alone, I felt guilty that Karlo was out all morning clearing the snow by himself. I decided to help. What was I thinking? By the time I got out there another 10" had fallen on our already cleared back deck. I figured I would start there. With a deck bigger than some driveways, and a shovel way too small for the task at hand, I kept very busy out there.


The snow was falling faster than I could keep up with it and finally I realized that I'm fighting a losing battle. I moved to the front of house to see how Karlo was doing with the ATV. That's when I discovered the 3 foot pile of snow that the plow piled in front of our front door. I start chipping away at that until finally I cleared a path to the door. My poor shrubs are completely buried under feet of heavy snow and I fear for their lives.

I also feared for my own life with this next stunt . . .


The driveway was a sheet of ice under all that snow, as I learned very quickly nearly killing myself. Not only was I having trouble getting around on it, but so was the ATV. Karlo requested that I ride on the back (with, and I quote, "all my weight") to see if I could help stop the back tires from spinning. I thought it would be a nice peaceful rest from all the shoveling. All I had to do was hold on and go for a ride. Yeah, a ride with KARLO! Nearly scared my to death. I was sitting backwards on the metal cage with my legs dangling over the side as Karlo sped at full throttle down the icy street. I was hanging on for dear life with flashbacks to the last time I rode with him and swore it would be my LAST time EVER getting on an ATV with him. Why didn't I learn? I wanted to be helpful today, but those 10 times of riding around our circular driveway made my heart beat faster than with all the heavy shoveling. I couldn't wait to get off that death trap. I was more than happy to get back to my shovel.

Karlo started the snow removal process around 9:30 this morning. I put in my two hours, but he didn't finish until 6:30 tonight. Unbelievable. We either need a way bigger plow or a much smaller house. Something's gotta give. And to think, we were so excited to have 'a day off.' Going to work would have been much much easier.

It's time for a hot shower. To see more pics from the day, please click here.

1 comment:

tina said...

i notice that the screen saver you made(which i love and use all the time) looks exactly like the scene outside my window. I didn't lift a finger to clear any snow and i don't feel guilty at all since chances are i will have to get out there some time this winter.