Friday, January 28, 2011

Isn't it Romantic?

Before we moved into our house I had these silly visions of taking baths with Karlo in our huge whirlpool tub. I knew it would probably never happen, but I did hope that maybe someday we would give it at try. It just seemed so romantic to share a bath.

Well, last night my wish came true. We both got into the tub, but it wasn't quite as romantic as I imagined it to be. It went something like this . . . "Ouch! Oooooh, uuuuuuh, yikes. That hurts. You're stealing my jet. Move your leg. Oh, my God that hurts," etc. Not a picture of romance and luxury that is for sure.

We were both so incredibly sore from the 7.5 hours of non-stop heavy labor involved in our snow removal. To say we were (are) under-equipped for our property would be an understatement. Between the darn ATV getting completely stuck and buried in the snow, the snow blower dying, and there just not being any more room to put the snow, well, it was a nightmare. I can honestly say I don't think I ever worked that hard in my life.


And the day just didn't get any better from there. We realized that our 45' steel building was about ready to explode and collapse. The roof was bowing under the weight of all the snow and the steel structure was literally buckling inside. I swear two more flakes would be have the straw that broke the camel's back. We needed to do something and quick.

So after the backbreaking ordeal of digging ourselves out we started the fire building process. The only way to get that snow off the roof was to melt it. What a production that was!


And while all this is going on, I'm completely unaware that my father is in the emergency room. It appears that he was out doing God knows what in the snow, slipped, and hit his head so hard that he knocked himself clear out. OMG, could this day get any worse? Yes, yes, I know, it certainly could and I do thank God that it didn't, but I'm tellin' ya, I wouldn't want to relive it.

No comments: