Sunday, January 23, 2011

I Have a Confession To Make

You have no idea how hard it is for me to admit that I skipped my P90X workout today. Not because I was too lazy, and not because I didn't have time. Because I knew we would be doing enough other exercise to make up for it. And, more importantly, I'm trying really hard to be less anal about it. I'm not doing this program for any other reason but to be in shape for vacation and as long as that goal is accomplished I'm perfectly content. Baby steps . . . I think I'm improving.

I have to admit, our other forms of exercise were a whole lot more fun. I might have burned more calories laughing than I did working out. Our fist trip out in the morning was for a snow shoe hike and that was simply perfect. The cold didn't even bother me. It was just beautiful and the snow could not have been better. After lunch we went out for exercise #2. This time it was cross country skiing and that is where all the laughing came in. Holy cow, did we make it look hard. We both fell a couple times. My face plant was unreal. I was laughing so hard I couldn't even get up. Meanwhile snow is seeping down my back. Karlo was really wishing we had the helmet cam set up for this outing! Lucky for me, we didn't.

And the continuation of my Project 365. So far I haven't missed a day. So proud.

#17
Went out for Chinese dinner.

#18
Karlo's Birthday cupcake and cognac.

#19
Long exposure picture at 8PM with a full moon.

#20
This is what happens when I leave fruit unattended on my desk at work.

#21
My (partial) camera collection.

#22
Karlo's special Hungarian birthday dinner.

#23
The beginning of our kitchen lighting makeover.

2 comments:

tina said...

i cannot imagine you falling while there are ski's on your feet. i can only remember you cutting up the slopes with ease. Karlo's birthday dinner sounded so great, again Happy
Birthday! Enjoy your relaxation time.

Unknown said...

Well, if I had downhill skis strapped to be feet I would have been just fine. But I had cross country skis on while flying out of control down hill. It was an impossible nightmare to control cross country skis. Total face plant and near tree miss. We are both lucky we didn't hit trees and break bones. But it was still funny. I miss downhill!!!