Thursday, February 17, 2011

Brilliant Little Invention


How many shopping reward cards to you have? Anytime a store offers me some sort of special reward program I always refuse. Not because I don't want to get the special good deals, but because I can't bare the thought of cluttering up my wallet with one more stinkin' little card. The only ones that I will break down and carry are the grocery stores and CVS, and now because of my health insurance I have to carry an additional little CVS card. I also have a PetsMart card, but I only use my phone number to access it. No idea where the actual card is.

But now I solved the problem to this pesky card problem. I found an ingenious little smart phone app called Handy Cards that allows you to use your phone to scan the bar code on the back. It automatically stores your information on the phone so when you get to the register at one of your select stores you just open your app and click on the appropriate store. Your unique bar code appears at the appropriate size on your phone and the cashier scans it. Bingo. All your cards stored digitally on your phone and your wallet is that much lighter and uncluttered. I love it! Now I have to run around to every store in town (hmmmm, in Eastford that means 1 - the hardware store) and go and collect all the shopping rewards cards I can find.

4 comments:

tina said...

that seems really neat. i usually refuse those things too. i can't stand bringing my purse with me anywhere i go.

michelled said...

OMG - that IS ingenious!!!

lgaumond said...

That IS very cool!

Unknown said...

But I should mention a footnote. I tried using it a couple of days ago and it didn't scan at the store. Not really a big deal. The cashier just has to manually key it in and she didn't seem to mind. She said they NEVER scan so it wasn't my app or my phone. Oh well, at least I still have them all in one place, scan or no scan.