Monday, February 7, 2011

One Stray Picture from Last Week

I blogged a little prematurely last night and didn't include all the photos from last week. Yesterday's photo of the day was taken just after my blog post so I thought I would give it it's own special posting. This picture is called Getting Ready for the SuperBowl.

#37
As you can see I was being realistic with the bottle of Tums nearby. This meal was very exciting for me . . . not because of the big game, but because I was able to eat it without lots of pain. I've been struggling with stress and my IBS attacks, but luckily I finally got some good news (for a change) regarding my father. After days of him getting worse and worse and my stress level getting higher and higher, he finally made some improvement. It's incredible how the slightest bit of good news had such a positive effect on my body. I felt a really nice sense of relief that maybe there is still hope that Dad can live out the rest of his life in a nice environment. Fingers are crossed.

But the good news and happy thoughts unfortunately didn't last for long. My God this year is really getting off to a really sucky start. This morning came the news that my closest aunt, my God Mother, lost her fight to cancer and passed away. At 42 years old I already lost 3 mothers. I'm starting to think that I just wasn't meant to have one in my life :-( As sad as I am to lose her and as much as I will miss her, I am also a bit relieved that she no longer has to suffer with the illness. There won't be a mile of our upcoming epic bike ride that I won't be thinking about her and praying that the money raised will help others fight the evil disease.

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt, but happy to hear that the situation with your dad is improving. Sending you cyber hugs...