Sunday, February 20, 2011

Week in Review

Wow, I just realized that I don't remember my last blog at all. No idea what day I posted or what I said. Hopefully I won't repeat myself with this post, but here's my week in review with some notes to go along with them.

#45
What a sweet Valentine's Day. Karlo is enjoying his gifts: a big box of chocolates and a Kindle. One happy guy.

#46
The day after Valentines one of us still had some candy in their heart-shaped box. I wanted to remember both the candy and the cute card. The real gift was much less exciting to look at, but something that I'm thrilled to have. I will blog about it later because I'm sure some of my photo buddies will be interested. I have a feeling it's going to make the "Paula's Favorite Things" list this year. More to come . . .

#47
This is just a cool light that was hanging in the Chinese restaurant that we went to this night. We planned to go to On the Border for Mexican and my heart was set on it, but Karlo and I are not used to the crowds in civilization and we bailed 3 seconds after entering the parking lot. sigh.

#48
This one is kind of sad. I lost another fish :-( I used this napkin to transport my poor dead fish from tank to toilet and before throwing the napkin away I realized the water left a heart shape.

#49
Here's a story . . . I decided to cook a real meal tonight. Not sure what came over me, but I worked like crazy in the kitchen. One of the ingredients was "lemon zest" which always scares me. I had such a hard time grating the peel. It was nearly impossible and I grabbed a tight squeeze on the lemon and pushed down with all my might. The lemon peel still didn't come off very well, but a nice little chunk of my finger did. Hurt like HELL all night - especially after I got grapefruit juice inside the cut. Yeah that was fun. And to make it even worse, the meal was tasteless and terrible.

#50
This night's dinner was much better (although there's another story here that will wait for a future blog). I took a photo of the dish I made and that will be posted soon, but I thought this picture was more fun. Karlo and I just learned how to play Dominos. We had a ball with our friends playing and I can't wait to play again. Must buy these things!

#51
OK, maybe technically speaking I didn't really "take" this picture, but since I participated I figured it counts. Plus, it's a cool thing to remember from this day. My niece Nicole just got a new Mac and we had a lovely family dinner today to get my Dad out of his Hellish rehab place. Nicole and I had a ball playing with her laptop.

1 comment:

tina said...

what a great week you had. My week went great too but now the snow is here again, boo hoo