Friday, February 25, 2011

Vacation Shopping Phase 1


Because I really needed more hi-tech clothing. What is it about vacations that always make us feel the need for 'new stuff?' Why is it that we can't go on vacation and wear or use the 'stuff' that we already own, know, and love? For some reason we are compelled to buy as much new stuff as possible to fully enrich our vacation experience. Good grief. We are nuts.

Yeah, so I managed to convince myself that I needed more fleece for our bike trip. I guess that is because none of the other 45 articles of fleece that I already own would suffice. I even had to buy new gloves, I wanted to buy new tights, and now that I think about it, I really need new bike shoes too. How will I survive without the new shoes? Actually, I'm not even being sarcastic about those shoes. The only bike shoes I've worn in three years have been sandals. I haven't biked in the cold weather in ages and nothing can compare to the comfort of my Keen biking sandals. Now I'm in trouble. I'll be biking in 40 degree temps in sandals. Maybe I just need new wool socks. Uuuugh, it never ends.

No comments: