Friday, February 18, 2011

Crossing Another Thing Off My Bucket List

I'm crossing something else off my Bucket List . . . not because I've done it, but because I no longer want to do it. For the past two years I've been thinking about taking a special trip around our 10 year wedding anniversary. I had this grand idea of visiting a couple of places that I always wanted to see, all in one trip. This trip was to be a cruise and it would have taken us to both Greece and Egypt. Seeing the Egyptian pyramids is one of those 'once in a lifetime' cool things to do and I thought doing it in conjunction with our anniversary celebration would be neat. But between the economic problems in Greece and the chaos in Egypt I'm re-thinking the entire thing. Not to mention the fact that I know somebody who took this exact same cruise and experienced a terrible storm and some of the biggest waves ever encountered out at sea. No thank you. I think these are all signs that are telling us not to take the trip. I can't even imagine visiting that part of the world anytime soon.

So it looks like I need to fill a couple of slots in my Bucket List. Luckily I bought Karlo a cool book for Christmas.


Looks like I'll have some reading and researching to do to come up with an equally cool adventure - and hopefully one that I don't have to train for.

1 comment:

tina said...

yeah, rethinking the trip to Egypt is a smart thing to do. have fun finding a new place to explore!