Saturday, February 26, 2011

Happy Feet Make a Happy Day

I always said that bad socks can ruin my day. It's really a pet peeve of mine . . . wearing bad socks. It just drives me nuts and distracts me all day long. And along those same lines, it seems like when I wear my favorite socks and my feet are happy, I have happier days. I think I proved that theory today.

Karlo bought me a pair of cashmere socks for Christmas. I spent 10 minutes petting them, caressing them, and loving them, but I never did put them on my feet. I tucked them safely away in my drawer and planned to wear them 'some day' on a special occasion. Because that is what I do. I save things for the future rather than enjoying them every day. Not sure what possessed me to finally wear them today, but I did, and it was great. The minute I put them on my feet I instantly thought about my "Paula's Favorite Things" list and just knew they had to make this year's list. I just love having cozy feet!

I know it's just a coincidence that my great day just happened to coincide with the wearing of the cashmere socks, but from now I will believe that cashmere sock days will be great days. Maybe, if nothing else, that will make me wear the socks more.

What a fun filled day. I spent most of the afternoon with Tina and her girls. We shared some great laughs, enjoyed the most incredible gourmet lunch, and we even had time to do some shopping together. After falling in love with some cashmere mittens, but refusing to pay the $52 price tag, we got the idea of heading to the Salvation Army store in search of a cashmere sweater to cut up and make the mittens on our own. Well, we found the sweater, but now I gotta figure out how to make the mittens. Please stay tuned for future blog posts to find out if I pull it off. Or more realistically, please stay tuned to Lisa's blog . . . whom I will likely have to turn to for sewing advice. Perhaps I should just give up now and commission Lisa for her sewing talents.

From Tina's I went to see Dad and had a wonderful visit. I had planned to stay and have dinner with him, but that didn't go so well. It's Tina's fault. She fed me so much for lunch that I couldn't even imagine eating a bite by dinner time.

The biggest laughs I had all day were showing Tina, the girls, and my Dad my favorite new Android App. Even my Dad loved this one. How could you not? Here's a sample of it that I made for Karlo last night . . .

No comments: