Sunday, April 13, 2008

Blissful Weekend

I’m happy to report that I had a very nice weekend. I still did a lot of work, but in between the hours at the computer I managed to relax and enjoy myself. I think my favorite part of Saturday was lounging in the best $40 investment of the year.

We recently picked up two of these chairs at Job Lots, despite Karlo’s protest that he won’t have ANY time all summer to sit down. I personally, will find the time. It was great! I lounged outside in the sun for about an hour. That was when I realized just how noisy it is out here. Between the constant orchestra of different birds chirping, tweeting, crowing, screaming, the chipmunks and squirrels running around, and the wind blowing through the trees there was never a quiet moment. But it was blissful. No traffic noise, no weed whackers or lawnmowers, no screaming kids – just me and the noisy nature. I wanted to stay in that chair all day.

But I had things to do. I got some gardening done. Planted some bulbs and transplanted a few shrubs. When I walked out the front door, in my work-out attire with no make-up on and bad hair, I thought, “This is great – there is no chance of neighbors walking by and wanting to visit with me. I am truly secluded and nobody will see me looking terrible.” And don’tcha know . . . as I’m ankle deep in dirt I hear a motorized vehicle coming up the street. Since that is a rare occasion, I looked up. Then I heard a honk and saw my co-worker and his wife drive by on their motorcycle. They waved, I waved and then I held my breath and wondered if they would come back. They did! Uuugh. I’m not even safe looking hideous in Eastford. I learned my lesson.

Today was another blissful day. I went shopping with my friend Sue (Fitness or Tolland Sue for those of you that know her). I had the most successful shopping day ever. I think Sue is my good luck charm. Although I still didn’t find any shoes that fit. I found some I loved, but of course – no luck in the fitting department. Well, I suppose Sue is a good luck charm, not a miracle worker.

And I have a question regarding my shopping spree. Perhaps you can help. I bought a white purse and now I need to know the rules. Do I have to wait until Memorial Day to break it out or can I use it immediately?

2 comments:

lgaumond said...

I have never been a fashion rule-follower (just look at me!) but Clinton and Stacey would tell you that you can use your white purse and wear your white shoes any time of the year. I wish I could go shopping with Clinton and Stacey. Wouldn't that be fun?

Unknown said...

Yes it would . . . especially if they were treating! I can't even imagine how awesome that would be.