Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Gas Prices

I am getting completely disgusted with the gas prices and I'm sure I'm not alone. This morning I happened to notice that the price of diesel went up $.30 since yesterday. And that reminded me that California Sue suggested that I ask everyone what the prices are in their home town. I wasn't going to do this since I didn't get very many comments on the Spring update last week. But then I realized that I did get some email reports and Lisa, well she showed off with an incredible Spring report.

Since CA Sue is very curious about our gas prices, let's compare notes. I don't know what the gasoline costs in Tolland (and I'm using Tolland because, well . . . there are no gas stations in Eastford), but the diesel is now $4.59/gallon. So tell me, what does a gallon of the cheapest gas cost in your town?

6 comments:

lgaumond said...

I try not to look at gas prices. It makes me too angry. Here, check this site out: http://www.gasbuddy.com/ You can see what the prices are like throughout the country.

And what do you mean Eastford has no gas stations? What about that huge Mobil? And the truck stop? Isn't that in Eastford?

Unknown said...

No, actually the big truck stop is two towns away in Willington. Mobile is in Ashford. Let's see . . . we have a bank, a hardware store and a library. Wait, I think there's an auto repair place too. That's about IT for commerce in Eastford. It takes a half a gallon of gas to GET to a gas station.

Jamie said...

Since you've entered the land of MAC, check out this widget:
http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/transportation/gas.html

Mine says the cheapest diesel in a 15 mile radius from my zip is: $4.39

Cheapest regular gas is $3.37

How's it feel to be down in CT??

Anonymous said...

CA Sue says, I don't know what gas is today but last Thursday I paid $3.73 and on Sat. my husband paid $3.79. It went up $.06 in 2 days. That's crazy. It is still the same gas in the tank for sure so they are just raising the price to get us!

Anonymous said...

here on the wethersfiele/hartford
line it is $3.69/gl.
what spring report did i miss?

Anonymous said...

I paid $3.09/gal today in Rocky Hill but it was because I used my price chopper card and got $.60/gal off. I don't save that much every week but even $.20/gal is better than nothing.