Monday, April 21, 2008

My Little Pony

We had a big exciting weekend. Well, as exciting as you can get in our current state of complete and total work overload. My highlight was finally getting to use my Christmas present . . . so I guess you can say that I experienced “Christmas in April.” Remember my rubber horse? Well here it is. His name is Tancos (pronounced t-on-sow-sh). I wanted to name him after one of Karlo’s grandfather’s Hungarian horses and this is the only name I can actually pronounce.


And here’s me swinging on him:


I had a grand ole time until I nearly fell off. I guess I exceeded my cow girl abilities, getting a little too confident in my riding. Maybe all the line dancing classes went to my head! Darn thing nearly threw out my back. But just like Karlo’s mother says, “If you fall off, you need to get right back on.”

In addition to the horseback riding, we did a fair amount of gardening, planting and transplanting shrubs. Karlo and his mom did most of the work. I just supervised.


We also had a very brief visit from Karlo’s brother. I know many people are curious to see what Tibor looks like, so here’s a family portrait:

1 comment:

lgaumond said...

What nice pictures! Maybe you need a cowboy hat, or possibly spurs to keep you from falling off your horse.