Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Is This an April's Fools Joke?


If it is, I don't think it's funny. I am really trying to make friends with my new Mac. It has been approximately one week since I really started using it. Every day presents new challenges, but I've been facing them one by one and getting by pretty good (for the most part). In the past 4 days I've already experienced two lock ups. Today, being one of them. The picture above shows exactly what my screens look like at this very moment. I surfed online to find out what to do when a Mac locks up. All the info online tells me to hit Command, Option, Esc. That does positively nothing. At least Windows lets me get out of lock-up! Stupid Mac.

I'm trying to be patient. I'm trying to tell myself this will get easier every day. Thank God I have my trusty Dell still with me. I would be lost without it. The jury is definitely still out regarding whether Macs are so much better than PCs. So far I'm not sold. I think I have no choice at this point but to power down. Either that or go out shopping and see if the computer recovers itself while I'm gone. Now if that doesn't sound like the best excuse to go shopping . . . That's it, I'm outta here!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

If I worked in your office, I'd do this:
Control+Option+Apple+8

Try it - it's the ultimate April Fool's Joke!!!