Friday, April 4, 2008

Random Tidbits

I can't come up with one cohesive subject for today's blog posting so I'll share a few random things. First, our little princess broke a nail on Wednesday. I know this doesn't sound bad. We all break our nails all the time. But this was terrible. When I got home from work (Karlo had to work late so I was alone), Karlo's mother tried to explain that there was blood all over the floor. She had no idea what was wrong with one of the dogs. When I looked over at their (brand new) bed I realized it was covered in blood. uuuugh. Upon closer examination of Peanut's back leg, I discovered that one entire nail was missing. She broke it off at the base of her little toe and it was still bleeding all over the place. How on Earth did she manage this? All those dogs do all day long is sleep! Where exactly is that toe nail now? I put a little bandage on and she acted like nothing happened. She's still running around playing like it's no big deal. She's one tough little dog.



I wish could spell (or pronounce) my new favorite food. Karlo's mom makes these little sponge-like objects and puts them into soup. I adore them. I could eat a big bowl of nothing but these sponges. I mentioned them in a recent posting and we have since bought new ingredients to make them. This time Cream of Wheat was used. Karlo's mom is still shaking her head in disapproval because they are not quite right, but I love them. Here's a picture of them. I could eat them every day.



Today is a glorious 'rest' day from our P90X training, which means that we have now completed Phase 2 of our 3 phase ordeal. Five more weeks to go and we will be done. I really don't know what I'm going to do with all those extra hours in my week. Hmmmm, I have a feeling I won't have a problem filling them up. I do look forward to the extra time.

And the last thing that I want to mention is how much fun I'm having line dancing. I hate to even admit it, but it's really fun. Tina, you have to find a place to try this out. Last night the instructor played a pop song just to show us that these steps can be used to dance to all kinds of songs. It was amazing how much more fun it was when I didn't have to listen to the country music. I would have NEVER signed up for line dancing if it wasn't for my neighbor. I'm going to have to thank her for this.

No comments: