Monday, April 28, 2008

Two Big Accomplishments of the Weekend

Karlo did a little “Happy Dance” across the dining room yesterday. He finished his book manuscript. What a great feeling that must have been for him. I only wish I could know what that feels like, as my portion of the work is far from done. Where is the justice here? Part of me was jealous that the huge load was now off his shoulders and onto mine. But the other part of me is thrilled that Karlo will no longer have to be chained to his laptop most waking (non-working) hours of the day. This should improve our home-life greatly. It also occurred to my yesterday that this moment could have come a whole lot sooner if Karlo didn’t still type with only two fingers!

In addition to that huge accomplishment, we also did some landscaping in the front of the house. I have been dreaming about this moment since we moved in. Now this frees me up for more new dreams (fish pond)! We relocated some of the deciduous shrubs that were in front of the house, and added a few brand new evergreen shrubs. My biggest goal was to get rid of the yucky (half weeds) grass and make both sides of our very square house perfectly symmetrical. I think we accomplished all that. I’m happy . . . for now.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lgaumond said...

It looks lovely! And yay for Karlo finishing the manuscript. Congratulations!