Saturday, October 18, 2008

And Speaking of Fine German Engineering . . .


Karlo has gone to heaven without the ill side-effect of actually dying. He scored himself a bike-sitting gig with his dream BMW GS 1200 Adventure. The bike belongs to our boss. This is the bike that he bought and drove across Alaska on his big 'Bucket List' adventure. The bike has been sitting dormant in his garage ever since the beginning of July. Karlo is claiming "BMW abuse" and managed to transfer it from his garage to ours.

Today I went for my first ride and to my dismay, I didn't like it. Now I have nothing bad to say about the German engineering. The bike looks fabulous and has got to be the best in the world for what it was made for - serious off-road and long-distance adventures. I'm sure being in the drivers seat was a dream. But this bike was NOT made with the passenger in mind. I endured it, but I have to say, I will be very very sad if Karlo trades in his VStrom for this seriously expensive and uncomfortable bike. I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed. If he wants to take a GS for a wild adventure, I'm all for it - as long as we are in a land far away and I'm on my own GS800 (preferably a yellow one).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

where the heck does a passenger
put themselves? perhaps in the side compartment?